1 Day (7hrs) Live Teletraining Course, 9AM-5PM
Lead Instructor: Brandy McKeown OTR/L, CLT-LANA, CLWT
Have you ever wanted to start your own lymphedema clinic or program but have no idea where to begin? We now have the solution for you. ILWTI is now offering this course dedicated to assisting certified lymphedema therapists in how to start-up your own clinic or program.
This course will teach you the supply details from your treatment room to your office and reception space. You will learn the Medicare guidelines for your clinic set-up so you don’t end up in violation. We will have multiple vendors with instruction for rep contact and account set-up to make ordering your bandages, garments and wound care supplies with ease.
Of course you can’t make money without knowing the ins and outs of lymphedema billing with ICD-10 and CPT 4 coding, therefore we will break it down into easy to use sets of codes for optimal billing and income.
And last but not least, we will go over documentation for lymphedema evaluations, daily notes, progress and discharge notes with focus on Medicare and insurance guidelines. We will also show you how to effectively write letters of medical necessity, whether it be for treatment or reimbursement for bandages, garments or pumps.
This course is intended for certified lymphedema therapists (PT/PTA, OT/OTA, LMT, RN) who would like to learn how to start their own lymphedema clinic/program at the beginner level.
Pre-requisite of CLWT, CLT, or CLT-LANA Certification. Due to the commercial focus of this course, it is non-accredited for CEUs.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will
1. Understand the supplies need for a lymphedema treatment room, office, and clinic.
2. Understand the Medicare criteria for building specifications for a PT/OT therapy clinic.
3. Understand the difference between local DME, national suppliers and in-house management of compression garments and bandages with utilization of vendors for compression bandages, garments and wound care supplies.
4. Understand the Medicare therapy caps.
5. Understand how to use ICD 10 codes for lymphedema diagnosis and the codes to support lymphedema diagnosis.
6. Understand how to use CPT codes for lymphedema billing.
7. Create lymphedema evaluations, daily notes, progress notes and plan of care.
Sign up to receive information and important updates from ILWTI.