In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ILWTI immediately took some very aggressive and bold steps to ensure your health and welfare. We felt that continuing live courses in a group setting would unnecessarily risk your safety and wellness, and the communities you serve. We transitioned all 2020 courses to a new, interactive remote learning model, called Teletraining. Delivering rigorous and high quality education is our top priority academically. We are now pleased to announce that our new course format was beta tested successfully in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Nova Southeastern University with Dr. Heather Hettrick. We then launched our first test cohort of students for the full Certified Lymphedema & Wound Therapist course. We quickly re-developed the curriculum to take full advantage of the new technologies to provide highly interactive and hands on lab work. We implemented over a dozen strict quality control measures to ensure the highest standard of delivery model and competency testing.
This class has been so successful, we have now opened general registration for the FULL LYMPHEDEMA & WOUND CERTIFICATION! The Certified Lymphedema & Wound Therapist certification course is now offered completely remotely, start to finish. You do not need to leave the comfort and safety of your home or office.
SCROLL DOWN FOR TELETRAINING TESTIMONIALS
NEW! TELETRAINING Dates & Times just posted. Register by selecting "SAVE MY SPOT! $500" to begin your on-line pre-course work and secure your spot in the next Teletraining opportunity. Limited spots available! These courses are selling out fast.
Welcome to the International Lymphedema & Wound Training Institute (ILWTI).
ILWTI provides state of the art certifications in edema/lymphedema and wound management.
We prepare you with the comprehensive knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to treat patients with various etiologies of edema/lymphedema and chronic wounds. ILWTI gives you the tools to successfully execute effective plans of care in lymphedema and wound care centers, cancer centers, home health, long-term care, orthopedics, geriatrics, in-patient rehab, short-term rehab, private practice, and many other clinical settings. We offer evidence-based education that includes the most progressive training, and include more hands-on labs and workshops than any other lymphedema or wound care certification program.
Your CLWT Teletraining Course includes ~$500 worth of Free Supplies.
"We have prepared the most rigorous and medically based course, designed to provide customized treatment for each individual patient."
- ILWTI Founder, Robyn Bjork (below center)
The ILWTI Teletraining course was so interactive and involved, I felt like I was in the classroom. The extended time frame for the tele-training course allowed me to really absorb and integrate the information. I feel confident now that I have the knowledge & critical skills to assess and treat wounds & edema with current best practices. I definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to add lymphedema & woundcare to their practice (like myself) or to bring skills & knowledge up to date.
— Katherine Bukanc, PT
I was very hesitant when I initially decided to take on this journey via Teletraining. However, with the current pandemic, it was my best bet. This is my first certification done via Teletraining and it was worth it. The past 3 months have been a real eye-opener. The skills I have learnt are top-notch. I look forward to practicing my new skills and providing these services to my patients.
— Tarah Silvera, PT
This teletraining course totally exceeded all my expectations. ILWTI provided a comprehensive course on Lymphedema and Compression with current research, best practice and product review. The case studies and presentations assisted me in understanding the information within the course. I feel confident with the skills I have learnt to be able to provide quality care to my patients. I absolutely enjoyed the classes and it has certainly expanded my knowledge base. Thanks ILWTI
— Millicent Rollins, DPT
Hands down best courses anyone can take, will recommend 100%.
— Reinier Rodriguez, PTA
This course has provided me with the knowledge and tools to be successful as I return to my facility to provide treatment to my residents who suffer from lymphedema. The instructors are an amazing source of knowledge in the field and have so much to offer during the class and beyond. I am so happy I took this course in this format so that I had more time to really soak in all the information and be ready to put it into practice upon completion.
— Becky Lesko, OT
The amount of information covered went beyond my expectations. I feel much more confident in approaches for my patients with various types of chronic edema.
— Elizabeth Yormick, PTA
- ILWTI is the only program providing dual certification in wound and lymphedema management
- Developed by licensed medical specialists for medical specialists
- Curriculum integrated into Doctorate of Physical therapy program
- ILWTI Directors routinely publish, and speak nationally and internationally at vascular, lymphedema and wound congresses and are recognized experts
- Medical based training for management of complex patients with multiple co-morbidities
- Rehab based training; skills applicable to any rehab patient with swelling
- Teletraining sessions are pre-approved as "LIVE" continuing education, meeting the rigorous standards of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy State Boards
- ILWTI is an approved Provider of CEUs through the American Occupational Therapy Association and curriculum is pre-approved for CEUs in all 50 states for Occupational Therapists
- Course content pre-approved through the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Course content pre-approved through the APTA or PT state boards in nearly all 50 states
- Course is fully accessible to international students
- Includes hundreds of dollars of free wound management products
- Includes ~ $500 worth of wound management and bandaging supplies
- Tuition includes three Certifications and all Certification exams
- Includes lifetime access to the ILWTI Alumni Portal, including resource library, clinical tools, and hundreds of review videos of MLD and Bandaging techniques
- Includes a full year access to ILWTI online courses and expert consultation
- Built in skills check points, one on one sessions with content experts, proctored exams, real time lab submissions, and many other quality controls!
- Optional on-site, live review and practicum with ILWTI Instructor
- LANA eligibility through ILWTI "Blend-Ed" guided training in your own clinic or facility (contact us for more info - available to partner organizations)
"This is the best training I ever participated in. Practical, hands on, lots of positive reinforcement and lots of different products to work with."
— Elizabeth Oole, PT
"This training puts great emphasis on the combination of wound care and lymphedema treatments. The two go hand in hand and any clinician who does one, needs the other. This course is clinically relevant and practical!"
— Marijke Carson, PT
"You will leave this course empowered and prepared to start or fine tune your lymphedema path in the real world."
— Robert Woodward, OTR
Sign up to receive information and important updates from ILWTI.