Current PT, PTA, OT, OTA, SLP, MD, DO, DPM, PA, NP, RN license.
Other professionals working in the field of medical compression therapy are invited to attend to receive a S.T.R.I.D.E.™ CCS Associate Certificate of Completion.
(and S.T.R.I.D.E.™ CCS ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATE)
6hrs Online Pre-Course Work + 4 Days Live Training, 8am-7pm, 46 CE hrs Total
This course includes many hands-on workshops and useful clinical resources, such as S.T.R.I.D.E.™ Professional Guide to Compression Garment Selection authored by ILWTI experts Robyn Bjork and Suzie Ehmann and published as a Supplement to Journal of Wound Care.
Learn how to perform a bedside ABI. Master customized, full-limb, multi-layered bandaging systems that will not slip down, will aggressively soften fibrotic tissue, and stay in place for several days at a time. Dive into the engineering and construction of various types of medical compression garments to help you understand why one garment may fail and the other succeed in managing edema, even when they have the same dosage. Expand your decongestive compression options with a variety of garments that can be used for edema reduction. Learn how to effectively and efficiently compress even the most advanced, Stage 3 lymphedema, with massive lobules.
Everything you need is provided for hands-on training, as well as ample bandaging supplies for you to take back home. After completing this course, you can confidently apply different types of bandaging systems, and select the best compression garments for your patient to boost compliance and compression success.
• This course is approved for 44.75 contact hours through the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy and 48 CCUs through ProCert.
• This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2102044TX and meets continuing competence requirements for physical therapist and physical therapist assistant licensure renewal in Texas (46 hours).
• This course is approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association for 46 continuing education contact hours. FL CE Provider # 50-14572; 2019 FPTA Approval #: CE19-730348. Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.
• This course is approved for 46 contact hours/4.6 CEUs through the American Occupational Therapy Association. ILWTI is an approved Provider. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
• This course is approved by the Florida Occupational Therapy Association for 55.2 continuing education contact hours (CE Broker Course Tracking # 20-730348).
• This course is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing for 46 continuing education hours (CE Broker Course Tracking # 20-730348). Certificate must be retained for at least four years; do not forward to the Board of Nursing.
Speakers/Authors: This course was developed by ILWTI Executive Director of Education, Robyn Bjork, in conjunction with ILWTI Director of Compression Education, Suzie Ehmann. The course is taught by qualified ILWTI Instructors. Please go to "INSTRUCTORS" page to access credentials and bios.
S.T.R.I.D.E.™ CCS Certification is best suited for licensed healthcare providers who help to manage patients with edema/lymphedema. This is advanced continuing education and requires a medical degree.
S.T.R.I.D.E.™ CCS Associate Certificate of Completion is best suited for LMTs, Fitters, Compression Industry Representatives, Insurance Representatives, etc. No degree required. Simply register for the 4Day S.T.R.I.D.E.™ CCS course. You will attend along with the medical professionals! This is a great way to understand how medical professionals approach compression therapy, and show your commitment to the field.
On-line training includes reading, videos, and PPT slides and takes approximately 4hrs to complete. Live training includes review lectures, labs and hands-on workshops, and practicums. Hard copies of clinical tools, workbooks, all bandaging supplies are included. Our instructor to student ratio is 1:15 maximum for bandaging labs to ensure you receive individualized, hands-on training.
Completion of all on-line pre-coursework and a cumulative score of 70% or higher on all quizzes are required for CCS Certification. Attendance of entire live course, participation in all hands-on labs and workshops, and a passing grade on practicums are required for CCS Certification.
Completion of the online pre-course work, attendance of the entire live course and participation in all hands-on labs and workshops are required for a CCS Associate Certificate of Completion.
*Should you have special needs requests to successfully complete your training, please contact us.
Please note that the email entered when checking out will be used to send you important course information. Use a personal email vs work email. Work emails have firewalls which may prevent ILWTI emails from reaching you.
Sign up to receive information and important updates from ILWTI.