PRE-REQUISITES: Current PT, PTA, OT, OTA, MD, DO, DPM, PA, NP, or RN license.
6hrs Online Pre-Course Work + 40 hours remote or on-site "Live" Training. 46 CE hrs Total
This course includes many hands-on workshops and useful clinical resources, such as S.T.R.I.D.E.™ Professional Guide to Compression Garment Selection authored by ILWTI experts Robyn Bjork and Suzie Ehmann and published as a Supplement to Journal of Wound Care.
Learn how to perform a bedside ABI. Master customized, full-limb, multi-layered bandaging systems that will not slip down, will aggressively soften fibrotic tissue, and stay in place for several days at a time. Dive into the engineering and construction of various types of medical compression garments to help you understand why one garment may fail and the other succeed in managing edema, even when they have the same dosage. Expand your decongestive compression options with a variety of garments that can be used for edema reduction. Learn how to effectively and efficiently compress even the most advanced, Stage 3 lymphedema, with massive lobules.
Everything you need is provided for hands-on training, as well as ample bandaging supplies for you to take back home. After completing this course, you can confidently apply different types of bandaging systems, and select the best compression garments for your patient to boost compliance and compression success.
Full Certification. No travel Required! Save thousands of dollars in travel expenses and lost time from work!
• This course is approved for 44.75 contact hours through the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy and 48 CCUs through ProCert.
• This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2102044TX and meets continuing competence requirements for physical therapist and physical therapist assistant licensure renewal in Texas (46 hours).
• This course is approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association for 46 continuing education contact hours. FL CE Provider # 50-14572; 2019 FPTA Approval #: CE19-730348. Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.
• This course is approved for 46 contact hours/4.6 CEUs through the American Occupational Therapy Association. ILWTI is an approved Provider. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
• This course is approved by the Florida Occupational Therapy Association for 55.2 continuing education contact hours (CE Broker Course Tracking # 20-730348).
• This course is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing for 46 continuing education hours (CE Broker Course Tracking # 20-730348). Certificate must be retained for at least four years; do not forward to the Board of Nursing.
Speakers/Authors: This course was developed by ILWTI Executive Director of Education, Robyn Bjork, in conjunction with ILWTI Director of Compression Education, Suzie Ehmann. The course is taught by qualified ILWTI Instructors. Please go to "INSTRUCTORS" page to access credentials and bios.
Licensed medical professionals who treat patients with edema, lymphedema, and/or chronic wounds will benefit most from this activity. This course is useful and pertinent for geriatric health care, home health care, short-term and long-term care, treatment in wound or lymphedema centers, rehab departments or hospitals, and other applicable practice settings.
Ideal for licensed Physical & Occupational Therapists and Assistants who manage patients with edema/lymphedema.
Current PT, PTA, OT, OTA, SLP, MD, DO, DPM, PA, NP, RN license.
On-line training includes reading, videos, and PPT slides. Live training includes review lectures, labs and hands-on workshops, group activities and practicums. Digital course materials and access to Alumni Portal and Resource Library included. Includes hundreds of dollars worth of bandaging supplies. For Teletraining courses, all supplies are shipped directly to your shipping address on file.
update Aug 2020: Notice for students outside of the USA. Supplies are shipped from the USA. Some limitations apply due to COVID-19 disruption. Additional charges may apply if shipping exceeds $100 (you will be notified prior to shipping).
Our instructor to student ratio is 1:15 during labs to ensure you receive individualized, hands-on training.
On-line pre-course work must be completed prior to the live training.
Successful completion of all on-line pre-coursework and a cumulative score of 70% or higher on all quizzes, attendance of entire live course, participation in all hands-on labs and workshops, and a passing grade on practicums are required for CCS Certification. Students must also pass a one-on-one bandaging practicum with the instructor (live or via teletraining) for the arm and leg bandaging to pass and achieve certification.
*Should you have special needs requests to successfully complete your training, please contact us.
Please note that the email entered when checking out will be used to send you important course information. Use a personal email vs work email. Work emails have firewalls which may prevent ILWTI emails from reaching you.
Please note that your supplies will be shipped to the shipping address you enter during the registration process. Please contact HannaMay@ILWTI.com if this needs to be updated.