Current PT, PTA, OT, OTA, SLP, MD, DO, DPM, PA, NP, or RN license.
56+ hrs On-line Pre-Course Work + 9 Days Live Training, 8am–7pm, 153 CE hrs Total!
(Full Certification! Modern MLD + Certified Wound Therapist + S.T.R.I.D.E.™ Certified Compression Specialist courses combined.)
The Certified Lymphedema & Wound Therapist (CLWT®) course prepares you with comprehensive knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to effectively treat individuals with chronic wounds and all edemas/lymphedemas on the lymphedema continuum. It includes comprehensive certification in Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT), Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), custom, multi-layered compression bandaging, garment selection and fitting, and skin and wound care. The course is practicum based and clinically focused, utilizing an integrative, rehab approach to the multi-factorial and interdisciplinary management of patients. Delivered in our hybrid format, it combines ~56 hours of on-line pre-coursework, completed at your own pace, with 9 days of hands-on practicum training and workshops. Digital course books, printed workbooks, clinical tools, bandaging supplies, debridement & wound care workshop supplies, and a generous variety of sample products for you to take home are included.
No other certification course on the market offers such breadth of hands-on workshops, coupled with robust didactic learning, making this certification one of the most informative and fun to attend!
Our Modern MLD Certification section of the CLWT® training was developed by LANA Certified Lymphedema Therapists with a broad background in traditional approaches. ILWTI has progressed these traditional paradigms, integrating new evidence-based research and findings from ICG fluoroscopy of live lymphatics, to create the new Lymphatic & Integumentary Rehabilitation (LIR™) approach. Our Modern MLD is simple and adaptable to any type of edema and utilizes new, published lymphosomal pathways.
ILWTI has also developed a new approach to edema assessment and compression garment selection, the S.T.R.I.D.E.™ approach, which was recently published as a 40pg Supplement to Journal of Wound Care, in 2019. ILWTI's S.T.R.I.D.E.™ Certified Compression Specialist (CCS™) section of the CLWT® course provides you with robust compression training where you learn how to perform a bedside ABI and master customized, full-limb, multi-layered bandaging systems that will not slip down, aggressively soften fibrotic tissue, and can stay in place for several days at a time. We have also expanded decongestive compression options by including hands-on training with edema reducing garments that are effective for even the most advanced, Stage 3 lymphedema with massive localized lobules.
The Certified Wound Therapist section of the CLWT® course includes comprehensive training in the assessment and treatment of the lymphatic-integumentary system. Phlebolymphedema is the number one cause of leg lymphedema. Are you prepared to provide comprehensive treatment, including management of venous leg ulcers (VLUs)? This course will show you how to differentiate and treat VLUs, arterial ulcers, pressure injuries, neuropathic foot ulcers, atypical ulcers, burns, moisture associated skin damage, and other integumentary issues. Extensive workshops enable you to get hands-on practice with integration of skin care, MLD, and lymph-integument rehab. Includes basic skills, such as wound cleansing, dressing selection and application, sharp debridement, negative pressure wound therapy, and more. Learn how to utilize a variety of bandaging systems for the continuum of lymphedema, including hands-on training in the application of 2-layer compression systems. All supplies are provided and you will also leave with a goodie bag of wound dressing samples.
Speakers/Authors: This course was developed by ILWTI Executive Director of Education, Robyn Bjork, in conjunction with ILWTI Director of MLD Education, Felicia Ingram, ILWTI Director of Wound Education, Heather Hettrick, and ILWTI Director of Compression Education, Suzie Ehmann. The course is taught by qualified ILWTI Instructors. Please go to "INSTRUCTORS" page to access credentials and bios.
• This course is approved for 147.25 contact hours through the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy and 147 CCUs through ProCert.
• This course is approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association for 153 continuing education contact hours. FL CE Provider # 50-14572; 2019 FPTA Approval #: CE19-601647. Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.
• This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2102044TX and meets continuing competence requirements for physical therapist and physical therapist assistant licensure renewal in Texas.
• This course is approved for 153 contact hours/15.3 CEUs through the American Occupational Therapy Association. ILWTI is an approved Provider. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
• This course is approved by the Florida Occupational Therapy Association for 183.6 continuing education contact hours (CE Broker Course Tracking # 20-601647).
• This course is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing for 153 continuing education hours (CE Broker Course Tracking # 20-601647). Certificate must be retained for at least four years; do not forward to the Board of Nursing.
• Note: This course encompasses a total of 153 hours of lymphedema-focused didactic and hands-on training, satisfying the minimum eligibility requirements of the Lymphology Association of North America.
Advanced education requiring a medical degree. See pre-requisites above.
Licensed medical professionals who treat patients with edema, lymphedema, and/or chronic wounds will benefit most from this activity. This course is useful and pertinent for geriatric health care, home health care, short-term and long-term care, treatment in wound or lymphedema centers, rehab departments or hospitals, and other applicable practice settings.
On-line training includes reading, videos, and PPT slides. Live training includes review lectures, labs and hands-on workshops, and practicums. Hard copies of clinical tools, workbooks, all bandaging supplies and wound dressing samples are included.
Our instructor to student ratio is 1:15 maximum during labs to ensure you receive individualized, hands-on training.
On-line pre-course work must be completed prior to the live training: 62.5 On-line CE hrs, completed at your own pace. A 12 week lead time is recommended, although this varies depending on your prior education and experience in the content areas.
This 9 Day CLWT course satisfies the 135hrs of CDT training required by the Lymphology Association of North America to apply to sit for the CLT-LANA exam.
Completion of all on-line pre-coursework and a cumulative score of 70% or higher on all quizzes are required. Attendance of entire live course and participation in all hands-on labs and workshops are required. A passing grade on all final practicums is required for Certification.
*Should you have special needs requests to successfully complete your training, please contact us.
Please note that the email entered when checking out will be used to send you important course information. Use a personal email vs work email. Work emails have firewalls which may prevent ILWTI emails from reaching you.
Sign up to receive information and important updates from ILWTI.