PRE-REQUISITES: Current PT, PTA, OT, OTA, MD, DO, DPM, PA, NP, or RN license.
30 hrs Online Pre-course Work + 20 hours on-site or remote "Live" Training. 50 CE hrs Total
The Certified Wound Therapist® course includes comprehensive training in the assessment and treatment of the lymphatic-integumentary system. Phlebolymphedema is the number one cause of leg lymphedema. Are you prepared to provide comprehensive treatment, including management of venous leg ulcers (VLUs)? This course will show you how to differentiate and treat VLUs, arterial ulcers, pressure injuries, neuropathic foot ulcers, atypical ulcers, burns, moisture associated skin damage, and other integumentary issues. Extensive workshops enable you to get hands-on practice with integration of skin care, MLD, and lymph-integument rehab. Includes basic skills, such as wound cleansing, dressing selection and application, sharp debridement, negative pressure wound therapy, and more. Learn how to utilize a variety of bandaging systems for the continuum of lymphedema, including hands-on training in the application of 2-layer compression systems. All supplies are provided and you will also leave with a goodie bag of wound dressing samples.
No other wound management course on the market offers such breadth of hands-on workshops, coupled with robust didactic learning, making this Certification one of the most informative and fun to attend!
With this course, you may also upgrade your CLT to CLWT® “Certified Lymphedema & Wound Therapist”
Full Certification. No travel Required! Save thousands of dollars in travel expenses and lost time from work!
This was by far one of the best educational courses I have had in my long medical career. The instructors were organized and the material was presented in an interesting way. I felt that I learned everything I needed to know. I emphatically recommend this course to physicians and others interested in starting a wound care clinic. -Dr. C. Manley
By far, the most organized and well-presented, and informational course I have ever taken in over 30 years of clinical practice. Thank you! -L. Miller
The instructors are very knowledgeable and engaging! They want you to learn and do your best. Ensuring that you are successful is their utmost priority!
My experience of this course via tele training was so positive; I got to manage my own time, go at my own pace as far as the pre-requisite courses go and that I could be at the comfort of my own space during the live classes. -M. Arriola
• This course is approved for 36 contact hours through the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy and 35 CCUs through ProCert.
• This course is approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association for 50 continuing education contact hours. FL CE Provider # 50-14572; 2019 FPTA Approval #: CE19-620033. Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.
• This activity is provided by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners Accredited Provider #2102044TX and meets continuing competence requirements for physical therapist and physical therapist assistant licensure renewal in Texas.
• This course is approved for 50 contact hours/5.0 CEUs through the American Occupational Therapy Association. ILWTI is an approved Provider. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
• This course is approved by the Florida Occupational Therapy Association for 50 continuing education contact hours (CE Broker Course Tracking #20-620033).
• This course is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing for 50 continuing education hours (CE Broker Course Tracking #20-620033). Certificate must be retained for at least four years; do not forward to the Board of Nursing.
Specialized training for licensed health care professionals. By popular demand, this course provides Certified Lymphedema Therapists a pathway to become Certified Lymphedema & Wound Therapists. However, this wound certification is also invaluable for many other practice settings and pertinent to any licensed health care professional working with patients who have chronic wounds.
Current PT, PTA, OT, OTA, MD, DO, DPM, PA, NP, or RN license.
Online pre-course work must be completed prior to the live training: ~30 CE hrs online, completed at your own pace. 4 week lead time is recommended, although this varies depending on your prior training and experience in the content areas.
On-line training includes reading, videos, and PPT slides. Live onsite or Teletraining includes review lectures and hands-on labs and workshops. Digital copies of clinical tools and course workbooks included, as well as access to the Alumni Portal & Resource Library. Hundreds of Dollars worth of wound supplies and dressing samples are included. For Teletraining, supplies are shipped to your address on file.
update Aug 2020: Notice for students outside of the USA. Supplies are shipped from the USA. Some limitations apply due to COVID-19 disruption. Additional charges may apply if shipping exceeds $75 (you will be notified prior to shipping).
Successful completion of all on-line pre-coursework and a cumulative score of 70% or higher on all quizzes are required. Attendance of entire live course and participation in all hands-on labs and workshops are required. Students must accurately pass all components of the debridement lab and must pass a 30 question multiple choice exam at the end of the course, and score 80% or higher on the final exam to pass and achieve certification.
*Should you have special needs requests to successfully complete your training, please contact us.
Speakers/Authors: This course was developed by ILWTI Founder, Robyn Bjork, in conjunction with ILWTI Director of Wound Education, Dr. Heather Hettrick. The course is taught by qualified ILWTI Instructors. Please go to "INSTRUCTORS" page to access credentials and bios.
Please note that the email entered when checking out will be used to send you important course information. Use a personal email vs work email. Work emails have firewalls which may prevent ILWTI emails from reaching you.
Please note that your supplies will be shipped to the shipping address you enter during the registration process. Please contact HannaMay@ILWTI.com if this needs to be updated.
S.T.R.I.D.E.™ COMPRESSION CERTIFICATION
S.T.R.I.D.E.™ COMPRESSION CERTIFICATION COURSE June 1-8, 2023 (40 CE hrs)...LAST CALL Click Here for Info