(1 Day, 7.5 CE hrs, 8:00am-4:30pm)
Course & networking luncheon sponsored by SIGVARIS
This course is designed to certify attendees in selecting, measuring and fitting appropriate compression therapy for venous leg ulcers, phlebolymphedema, lymphedema and lipolymphedema. The course will help attendees understand the pathophysiology of these types of edemas, clinically differentiate between them, and make appropriate product recommendations. Compression garments options for upper extremity, lower extremity, trunk, head and neck, and genital lymphedema will be presented. Pearls of practice and hands-on workshops will be woven throughout the program for a pertinent and fun learning experience.
By the end of this course, the learner will:
1. Identify three common medical indications requiring compression therapy.
2. Recognize two clinical features that differentiate CVI, Lymphedema and Lipedema.
3. Choose two appropriate compression options to help prevent venous leg ulcer recurrence.
4. Distinguish between compression needed for CVI and phlebolymphedema.
5. Distinguish between decongestive compression and maintenance compression for lymphedema.
6. Demonstrate how to measure for ready to wear compression garments for lymphedema.
Best suited for licensed healthcare providers and fitters who are working with patients who need compression therapies for Venous Leg Ulcers, Phlebolymphedema and Lymphedema. Recommended for physical therapists and assistants, occupational therapists and assistants, physicians, nurses, medical assistants, allied health professionals, orthotics and prosthetics professionals, durable medical equipment providers, and experienced fitters.
Attendance of the entire program is required to receive full credit. A post-course exam score of 80% or above is required for certification.
This course is sponsored by SIGVARIS, Inc., manufacturer of compression garments. Compression therapy products manufactured by SIGVARIS are used in this course’s labs. This course was developed by Robyn Bjork MPT, CWS, CLT-LANA, CLWT, and accredited through the International Lymphedema and Wound Training Institute (ILWTI). Bjork is a lymphedema and wound specialist and Independent Consultant for SIGVARIS, Inc.